Saturday, November 26, 2011

10 August 1935, Santa Rosa, California

[Written on stationery from the Occidental Hotel in Santa Rosa, California]

Aug 10— 35
Dear Dora & all:
            Here is a little note from the wanderer. I got your letter from Max about a week ago. Sure was glad to hear from you.
            I haven’t much news to tell you. Only that I am working at the trade again. Have been working for three months now. It sure seems good after the tough times. I have made around fifty a week. Got myself a small cart all paid for and two new suits, three new pair shoes, shirts and clothes for the next depression
            The work is sure hard after the way I have lived for two or three years, at nite I am about dead [p. 1]
            This is Sunday morning[.] I am up here for a rest and a ride. Will go back to Berkeley tonight.
            I will write you again soon[.] Please forgive me for the long delay. Will you give my love and kisses to all the big girls and boys. I love to hear all about them. You can write me at P.O. Box 163 Berkeley Cal. My private box.
            Hoping this finds you all well and happy.
                                                                        Your pal
                                                                        Bill.
xxxxxx           

No comments:

Post a Comment