Saturday, November 26, 2011

3 September 1932, Oakland, California

Oakland Calif—
Sept. 3, 1932
Dear Dora & Kiddies
            I guess I never write only when I have to. But here are a few lines to let you know I love you all and am thinking about you so far away, and yet so near
            As per usual I am all sick and blue and disgusted. I try to keep up a bold front but I think I have just about reached the limit of my road. When one is all alone in the world things get oh so tuff. Sometimes I don’t know what to do. I still have some good breeding in me that keeps one from utter dispair. [p. 1]
            Well I hope this finds you all well. The last three months I have longed to be with you all. Maby some day
            I will have received my punishment for what I have done. What do you think? I will try to finish this under better spirits.
            I received your letter Lolita. It went to L.A. and then to Seattle and then to Oakland. And here it caught up with me. I don’t know just what to say. I have had the worst luck of my life just now as far as money is concerned. I have just had enough to eat and [p. 2] that is all, When I left L.A. I had some money coming and the man was to pay the last payment on my car two weeks after I left. When I got to Oakland they picked it up one nite and I could not raise $1600 so I had to lose it. That left me broke and stranded here. I was on my way back to L.A.> Gee but it sure hurts to think I can’t send you some rite now, To tell the truth I don’t know where my next meal is coming from. Not working and none of the shops here are busy. over [p. 3]
            I played piano over station K.W.JJ. while I was in Portland but did not make very much I played here in a club one week and they got closed up.
            Well Dora old pal how are you? Your few lines were missed in Lolita’s letter. You know who I love and who I alway’s will. I could get [three or four illegible words] but I must have permission, from the mamma, That is you. Please drop me an answer today as I may leave here soon. As ever your loving Daddy boy Bill.
xxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment