Saturday, November 26, 2011

15 December 1933, El Cerrito, California

                                                                        El Cerrito Cal—Darling girl:—
Dec. 15. 33
            It is OK to remind me to write. I need some one to help me do a lot of things, I have so many thing to tell you, that I should every other day.
            Things don’t look very good for me this Xmas. I have been worrying a lot. I don’t seem to be able to get hold of any extra dough. and I just can’t save any money. I only make 15 a week and a place to live. By the time I pay for cats and laundry and a few [p. 1] other things I am broke by the next payday. But I don’t owe anyone a cent. They all owe me. I must have some money to come, home at least $100. I would not think of coming broke
            Here it is so close to Xmas and I  haven’t even bought a card to send any one yet. I am still on the same job at the 401 club. I played piano one nite last week at a swell new club. I don’t know what I would do in Salt Lake. You tell me. I would go nuts if [p. 2] I couldn’t work all the time.
            I sure was glad to hear from all of my girls and boys. Have them write again. I will see you all soon I am sure. But I can’t make it definite. You know dear my only desire is to be with you. Oh honey I will hold you so tight and give you a million kisses. I will even ley you sleep on my shoulder. I get a thrill writing to you like this I guess you know??? I could write a lot of things but you might let some one read it, and then you [p. 3] would blush. How about it dear.
            How is dad? I hope he is up and around. I will send him a card for Xmas. Just because I don’t write is no reason you can’t write every day or twice a day.
            Give my love and some kisses to the kids for me. When I get time I will write them all.
            Be nice sweetheart I will be thinking about you always. Happy dreams dearest Dora mine.
X                                                                      Daddy Mitch
                                    xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment