Saturday, November 26, 2011

27 March 1932, Los Angeles, California

                                                                        Los Angeles
                                                                        Mar 27, 1932
Dear Dora & all—
            Just a few lines to let you know I am still thinking about you. It is Easter Sunday today but to me it is just another day.
            I don’t write very often but today I have got to admit I am sick all over. Sometimes things look pretty blue. So if I can find some relief in writing you a letter I know you will bear with me.
            Work has been terrible all over Cal. About two days a week and lucky at that. But when you are away from all your loved ones it is sure tough. The only [p. 1] news that I know is bad news so I will forget the news.
            How are all my great big girls and boys. Gee I wish I could see you all rite now. Miriam was eighteen on the 23 of this month. I have a good memory for a piker like me.
            I wrote dad a letter but he did not ans. So if I don’t get an answer from this one I will swear off for ever. You know the old saying “If a fellow has just one friend he can make a million” and I still think I have one in Salt Lake??
            I can’t write or a darn thing today so I think I will have to quit. There is a good ball game today Detroit & Pittsburg at Wrigley Field so I will go see that.
            I went to church last sunday at Hollywood. And say they sure have some chapel. It is the one of the nicest churches in town. It has a pipe organ and sure is swell. Is it OK for me to go [p. 2] a mormon church?  I still believe the things I learned more than ever.
            Say the kiddies promised me a picture of the person that opened this letter. How about it? Maby I shouldn’t ask any favors of you but I just can’t resist this one.
            Please write and tell me all the news or scandal and I will write again sooner I hope. From one who love you all.
                                                                        Daddy Bill.
c/o Vermont Sheet Metal
374 So Vermont Ave L.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment